Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Designer's Patterns!

Hi everyone, it's wednesday which means there's studio class today, which again means sleepless night on tuesday ;)

for today's studio class, we have to submit our designer's patterns based on their design philosophy and aspect of their products. my designer is Patricia Urquiola, an Italian architect as well as Industrial designer. I love her work, i think she's amazing...i love her simple design and how she likes to bring memories from the product she's designed.

“I am nostalgic when it is possible, I am not nostalgic when it is not possible” is Patricia’s design philosophy. As we can see from her project, she focuses on the comfortable iconic traditional design and she adapts it with the contemporary design. She likes to work with craft materials, to produce a stylish and yet comfortable furniture.
Patrizia Urquiola also uses weaving and her very feminine way of experimenting continually with materials, shapes and details, always manages to astonish the users by creating increasingly innovative and thrilling design concepts.

My designer's pattern is based on her design concept called antibodi. I took it from its armchair designs, Here's the pictures below:

And this is my dynamic black and white gradation as well as my complimentary colour patterns:

No comments:

Post a Comment